- 1 piece whole bangus, broiled
- 3 pieces small eggplants, halved
- 1 piece small ampalaya, quartered
- 1/2 cup stringbeans, cut into 2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup malunggay or stringbean tops
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup rice, washing
- bagoong to taste
- Place eggplants, ampalaya, stringbeans, tomatoes and onion in a pot or saucepan with rice washing and bagoong. Bring to a boil.
- Add fish and malunggay or stringbean top.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are cooked.
- Do not overcook vegetables; make sure that they are just crisp-tender.
Tip: Cleaning and deboning fish - To remove the scales easily, rub some vinegar on the fish first. Remove the gills and internal organs. To take out the fish bones especially the small ones, use an old pair of eyebrow tweezers.